Send text message from computer using Google Voice & Sprint PCs, Email account
Sending a text message gives you the ability to pass along a message much quicker, whether it’s to inform someone that you are running late, that you can’t make it, even just to say I love you while you are away or having a very busy day.
I know that I don’t feel like talking on the phone some times and sending messages is the only thing I can do during such times. Text messaging is very convenient because it also makes it easy for us not to disrupt others from a meeting, presentation or from working.
Text messaging is the quickest way to communicate if you ask me and sometimes phone battery dies, bad signals, or can’t really use the phone to send the message. No worries you can send the same message using your laptop and email.
I have found myself at times not being able to touch my phone and all I have in front of me is my computer.
I have Sprint PCs as my service provider and I have an HTC Evo 3D. I have linked my phone to my Google voice account and there I can do many things. The feature that I use the most is the text messaging feature.
If you are like and have a Google voice account do the following:
- To make it even quicker download Google Chrome Web Browser and download and enable the Google Voice Extension
To send text messages from computer using your email do the following:
- 1. Once you are in your email you must first specified your service provider:
- a. Verizon customers can receive texts sent to <phonenumber>@vtext.com;
- b. AT&T customers can receive texts sent to <phonenumber>@txt.att.net
- c. Sprint customers can receive texts sent to <phonenumber>@messaging.sprintpcs.com.
- 2. The rest is as business as usual
I hope you have enjoyed this little tutorial on how to send text messages from computer using either your email or Google Voice.
Note to use Google Voice you must first have an account, so get an account.
Leave a Reply