When paying by credit card on the Internet, the company’s website, receive payment, you need to enter billing information: card number, expiration date, cvv2/cvc2 code, and sometimes the name of the owner. Details of your card – the purpose for cheaters.
Remember! Your PC is not a trusted environment, and may contain malware. In the most benign case, they simply prevented him from working. At worst – does not manifest itself and wait for the moment to steal critical financial information, such as entering a password Yandex payment or number, duration and code cvv2/cvc2 your card. How to steal information on bank cards
1. The most popular – keystrokes (keylogger, keylogger), a program that captures every keystroke. This program can secretly send captured data from which easily release name / password, card number and other confidential information.
2. Substitution of the site, receiving payment. Experts call this method of theft “phishing”. The essence of deception is that user friendly site is replaced with an absolutely exact copy, but created by fraudsters. Unsuspecting users enter their billing information and loses money. Fraudulent site can be created and posted on the Internet, and can be created by malware on your computer and replace the on-screen real site at a critical moment you enter your billing information.
3. Social Engineering, “phishing” scams important secret information from the user. The fraudster, posing as employee of the bank, mobile operator, or someone else, asked for a convincing excuse strictly confidential information. This can be a password, PIN, cvv2/cvc2 code.
How to safely pay by credit card on the Internet
1. Do not use other people’s computers to make payments! Even a good program as punto switcher is dangerous to somebody else’s computer because it keeps a diary all the entered user information, including confidential. On someone else’s computer may be far more threats. Computers in Internet cafes are often specifically used by unscrupulous administrators to gather confidential information.
2. Install antivirus software and regularly update him. Many people stop at that set the antivirus, but for the freshness of its bases are not being watched. In this case it becomes absolutely useless! If you still have not bought a subscription for antivirus software, use the free products. I recommend a German antivirus Avira AntiVir Personal.
3. For even greater security with antivirus use a personal firewall (firewall, firewall). Again, if you still have not purchased a commercial product, it will recommend a free product Comodo Internet Security. This program includes antivirus and firewall. The fame was well recognized by the quality firewall Comodo, but the newly created anti-virus while in comparison with more mature products, including Avira AntiVir.
4. As for anti-virus updates for your operating system to install on a regular basis when they occur. Delay and postponement “is dangerous, because the last time the criminals are using released an update for information about the error, they correct. Based on this information an attacker to create a virus that uses svezheispravlennuyu mistake to infiltrate the computers of users.
5. Check your browser! All financial and material information should be transmitted via a secure connection. An indication of this in the browser will lock in the address bar and highlight address in yellow, the specific address should begin with the prefix https: / /. When you click on the lock browser displays information about the site, how safe his visit and what organizations confirm the authenticity of the site. If any suspicion it is better not to use the site to pay! Carefully check the spelling of the site. Small changes in spelling can be quite noticeable. Zero and the letter “o”, the lowercase L and 1 in some fonts look the same to the eye. Also, do you remember how exactly written address of the bank: qwertybank.ru, qwerty-bank.ru, qwerty.bank.ru? Be careful!
6. Be reasonable. Remember, any details of the virtual card is required to make a payment? Credit card number, expiration date and CVV2/CVC2 code. Consequently, if someone learns your billing information, he can take your money. Make sure that they were not known to anyone. Your bank may ask the card number, but should never ask CVV2/CVC2 code or PIN bank card. If you suspect that you were contacted crooks under the guise of a bank employee, a member of your company or other organization related to the receipt of payments from you, ask what number to call back. After contact with the bank (cellular operator, etc.) and see if they can handle on who you asked in a suspicious phone call, whether belonging to the specified phone number, company, etc. Suspicion does not happen too much in financial matters.
7. Banks will never ask the customer in the letters, no personal information! In addition to promotional mailings and invitations to participate in an anonymous survey, nothing in the letter from the bank should not be.
8. Links from the letters should be opened by copying the text and paste into your browser, not by clicking the mouse on them, because the reference to the user may display one, and another opens, leading to a fraudulent website.
That’s all about the basic rules of payment in Internet bank cards. These very simple rules should be followed when paying by credit card over the Internet. They will save your money from fraudsters in most cases.
Read the general rules for safe use of bank cards. Along with these rules and your account will be in maximum security.
For even more security in online payments using virtual bank card.
Readers who are want to get more information about lose 10 pounds 10 days, please make sure to check out the link which was quoted in this line.