A magic wand to make us look good every single day is something we all want, right? Or maybe a wand that will give us a perfect body? Well guess what! As a Pear shaped beauty, you do have a perfect body! A-list stars Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce share your body type and celebrate their curves to the max. As a Pear shape, your body type is characterised by a small waist, generous hips, modest bust and narrow shoulders. The thing that the celebrities have, that us mere mortals don’t, is a personal stylist. These stylists are on hand to make sure that J-Lo and co look amazing 24-7. The secret they use is to dress the stars according to their body shape, highlighting their best features and balancing their flaws. Dressing for your body shape is important to make sure you look consistently great. The best way for Pears to balance their shape is to create the illusion of broader shoulders, therefore making the hips seem narrower. Here are some expert tips for dressing a Pear shaped body…
1. To make your hips appear smaller, wear tops with shoulder detailing such as sequins or ruffles. These will make your shoulders seem wider and so create a more balanced silhouette.
2. Dark shades on your bottom half are super flattering for Pears, slimming the hips and bum.
3. Focus attention on your top half with bright colours and bold patterns.
4. A great way to balance your shape is to wear horizontal stripes on your top half.
5. A-line skirts will flatter your shape by skimming your hips.
By following the simple rules above you can be sure to shop with confidence. Isn’t it a great feeling when you try something on and it looks amazing?! You will have that feeling again and again armed with this knowledge. Shopping for clothes according to your body shape is also an excellent way to save money by eliminating impulse purchases that hang unworn in the back of your wardrobe. By buying clothes that make you feel fabulous you will be sure to wear them again and again. The British high street has so much to choose from, there are many fashion forward shops such as Miss Selfridge, French Connection and Mango that are affordable, and have fabulously styled pieces flattering for all shapes. There can be a misconception that by dressing for your body shape you must stick to boring and very simple clothes – wrong! Have fun and experiment with the latest trends and styles. Your body deserves to be show cased!
Go forth and shop with confidence!